Computers, Printers & Accessories – How to Procure and Pay
The method for purchasing computer, printers or related accessories is to use 49er Mart. Note: Purchases of Apple products should go through the Niner Tech Computer Store; please refer to the Niner Tech website instructions.
Rationale and other considerations:
Orders are processed online through a web browser depending on the type of supplier used. To begin, choose a supplier and proceed with selecting items and placing them in your virtual shopping cart. When you have finished shopping, your cart proceeds to the checkout and a requisition draft is created. At this point, enter the appropriate accounting codes (e.g.–fund, account) to be used by your department for the order.
Placing the order prompts the workflow process to begin. Approvers are notified via email that an order is pending (the level of approvals depends upon the dollar amount and the type of purchase). The final approval generates a purchase order (PO).
To receive the order, you must log in to 49er Mart. Receiving initiates payment to the vendor.
How to do it:
- Login to 49er Mart.
- Click on the logo of the supplier (e.g., Dell, CDW-G).
- If the vendor is a punch-out supplier, you will be directed to the vendor’s site to shop for your item(s).
- Add the desired item(s) to your cart and click “Checkout” when finished ordering.
- You will be directed back to the 49er Mart site to create your requisition.
- Review the details of your order, and click “Proceed to Checkout.”
- Select the appropriate accounting codes for your college/department.
- Perform a final review and click “Place Order.”
|Forms / Links
|Training and Reference Materials
|University Policy 601.11, Purchasing Policy
|49er Mart Requester – Step-by-Step Guide
|49er Mart Login
|49er Mart Training in Canvas
Contact for additional questions:
Last Updated: September 26, 2018