Published Dec. 4, 2020; updated 10/18/21
Below are some payroll calendar year-end reminders and timesheet approval deadlines.
Kronos WFR year-end accrual roll and timesheet approval over winter break
All vacation time-off balances over 240 hours in Kronos will be rolled forward on Jan. 1, 2022. Therefore, all 2021 Time Off Requests must be submitted and approved in Kronos by Dec. 31, 2021.
Any Time Off Requests for 2021 not submitted and approved by Dec. 31 will not be included in year-end calculations that roll vacation leave balances over 240 hours into sick leave.
- For example, if an employee is projected to have 250 hours of vacation leave reflected in Kronos at Dec. 31, 2021, and does not want any hours to convert to sick leave during the vacation balance roll on Jan. 1, 2022, the employee must physically take leave and have a Time Off Request submitted and approved in Kronos before Dec. 31, 2020. Otherwise, 10 hours (minus any BONSAL hours taken) will convert to sick leave during the roll process, and any late requests will be processed against the new leave balance.
- Please review this HR FAQ for additional information regarding year-end carryover and the effects of BONSAL leave usage.
Note: The cap of 240 hours carryover is pro-rated for permanent part-time employees and permanent full-time employees working less than 12 months, based on their full-time equivalent (FTE).
- For example, an employee at .50 FTE x 240 hour cap = 120 hour cap to carry over.
- This carryover pro-ration is not reflected in the Kronos system messaging on the employee's accruals table; employees will need to calculate the applicable carryover hours based on their FTE. If applicable, the pro-rated carryover will be applied after the leave balances are rolled forward on Jan. 1.
No exceptions will be able to be processed.
To view your vacation accrual balance, go to My Info > My Profile and view the ACCRUALS section.
- See this Kronos FAQ about each column balance in the ACCRUALS section.
Upcoming timesheet approval deadlines will remain as follows:
|Approval deadline||Pay period|
|Weds., Dec. 22, 2021||Bi-weekly period ending on Dec. 18 and 4-week period ending on Dec. 19|
|Weds., Jan., 5, 2022||Bi-weekly period ending on Jan. 1|
Email any Kronos WFR questions or concerns to KronosTime@uncc.edu.
Web Time Entry (WTE) final 2021 timesheet approval deadline is Dec. 19
The final 2021 WTE timesheet must be approved by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 19 to be processed and paid on Dec. 31. Any timesheets that are not approved before midnight on Dec. 19 must be submitted on a manual timesheet log and will be processed and paid on Jan. 14, 2022.
Email any WTE questions to the Payroll Department at PayrollDept@uncc.edu.