Kronos & Web Time Entry Year End Reminders
Year-end Payroll Deadlines and Vacation Balances
Welcome to the Year-End Payroll Deadlines and Vacation Balances page. Here, employees will find important information regarding Kronos and Web Time Entry (WTE) deadlines and how vacation time-off balances are handled at the end of the year. This page is updated annually when new information becomes available.
Kronos Accrual Roll and Vacation Balances
Managing Your Vacation Leave
- Vacation time-off balances over 240 hours in Kronos are rolled forward on January 1 annually.
- Submit and obtain approval for your current year Time Off Requests in Kronos by December 31.
- Any current year Time Off Requests not submitted and approved by December 31 will not be included in
year-end calculations that roll vacation leave balances over 240 hours into sick leave.
- For more information on year-end carryover and the impact of any special annual leave bonus for FY2019 (BONSAL) leave usage, visit the Human Resources website.
Example: If an employee is projected to have 250 hours of vacation leave reflected in Kronos at December 31, and does not want any hours to convert to sick leave during the vacation balance roll on January 1, the employee must physically take leave and have a Time Off Request submitted and approved in Kronos before December 31. Otherwise, 10 hours (minus any BONSAL hours taken) will convert to sick leave during
Carryover Cap Proration
- The carryover cap of 240 hours is pro-rated based on the full-time equivalent (FTE) of permanent part-time and permanent full-time employees working less than 12 months.
- Example: An employee at .50 FTE x 240 hour cap = 120 hour cap to carry over.
- This carryover pro-ration is not reflected in the Kronos system messaging on the employee’s accruals table; employees will need to calculate the applicable carryover hours based on their FTE. If applicable, the pro-rated carryover will behttps://services.help.charlotte.edu/TDClient/33/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=2269 applied after the leave balances are rolled forward on January 1.
- No exceptions will be able to be processed.
Check your Vacation Accrual Balance
Employees can check their vacation accrual balance by going to My Info > My Profile and locating the ACCRUALS section. For more information about each column balance in the accruals section, refer to this Kronos FAQ.
Year-end Kronos Timesheet Approval Deadlines
Mon., Dec. 18, 2023
Bi-weekly period ending on December 16 and
4-week period ending on December 17
Weds., Jan. 3, 2024
Bi-weekly period ending on December 30
Web Time Entry (WTE) 2023 Timesheet Approval Deadlines
The approval deadline for Nov. 5-18 WTE timesheets is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 20 (employee submits by Sun., Nov. 19) to be processed and paid on Dec. 1.
Any timesheets that are not approved before midnight on Nov. 20 must be submitted on a manual timesheet log and will be processed and paid on Dec. 15 via regular payroll.
Final 2023 timesheet
The final 2023 approval deadline for Dec. 3-16 WTE timesheets is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 18 (employee submits by Sun., Dec. 17) to be processed and paid on December 29.
Any timesheets that are not approved before midnight on December 18 must be submitted on a manual timesheet log and will be processed and paid on January 12, 2024.